Our Pre-Kindergarten program will emphasize and encourage the development of the following:
1) Spiritual Development: Learning simple prayers; listening to Bible stories; developing self-esteem.
2) Social Development: Includes sharing; participation; obedience; courtesy; ability to adjust; responsibility; appreciation and respect for others.
3) Language Development: Speaks in complete sentences; shares ideas; speaks clearly and audibly; can tell a story. Can identify all 26 upper and lower case letters and their sounds.
4) Number Development: Can identify numbers 0-10; can count by memory from 1 to 30; can identify 10 basic colors: red, blue, yellow, orange, green, purple, black, brown, pink, & white; can identify can identify a circle, square, triangle, rectangle, heart, diamond, oval, and star; understands the concept of time: "Today is _______, Tomorrow is _______, yesterday was _______;".
5) Personal Development: Can button, zip, and tie shoes; cares for toilet needs independently; hangs up coat; puts toys away.
6) Fine Motor Skills:
(Fine) Can print first name; can trace a line; holds and uses crayons and scissors correctly.
7) Auditory Perception: Listens attentively; follows oral directions; recognizes rhyming words.
8) Visual Perception: Matches shapes, sizes, letters and colors; follows a pattern; recognizes printed name.
9) Development in Art: Eager to explore art media; draws lines and shapes; shows creativity.
10) Development in Music: Listens to and enjoys music and rhythms; enjoys singing, dancing and using instruments.
11) Work and Play Habits: Follows directions; obeys classroom rules and uses materials well; completes tasks.
12) Health and Safety: Appears well rested; enjoys nutritious snacks; tried unfamiliar foods; is aware of and observes safety rules.